Subject: Re: ScreamerNet II opertational options
From: [email-masked] (Frank Aalbers)
To: [email-masked] (lightmail)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 12:53:27 +0100

jeric ([email-masked]) wrote:

 j> The remote system worked as normal.  The , uh, "home" client thought it
 j> was
 j> rendering frames at one per second, pretty good, since the other was
 j> doing
 j> 13 minutes per frame.

Probably the one that goes that fast can't find the objects , images
etc. to load and that is why it seems to render so fast . Be sure that
on every project you make the objects and everything are loaded via
network and not directly from the drives .

We made a network device list where every drive is available to anny
computer . Even if your drive is in the same computer we don't use the
home drive name (like C: or D:) But the network name of it . This way
we can work with anny computer on projects that are located on other
computers . Saves us from allways sending complete projects over to
other computers to work on it .

To use Screamernet you definattely have to use this system .

Frank Aalbers
GRID Productions
--
[email-masked] (Frank Aalbers) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]